- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon Casks and one Sherry Butt
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 19 May 2014 8:37 am by Vassago Clynelish
4 × in wishlist
104 × member ratings
242 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman Machir Bay
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.38 points
- Great drops, very tasty and sweet, but a bit monotonous
phenolic smoke, immature apple, hay, light spice of herbs (mint, thyme)
Peat smoke, vanilla, again hay and herbs, youthful sweet
smoky and medium long
- Quite a lot less than the other Kilchoman expressions I tasted.
Salmiak and citrus. Maybe a little apricot. Light nose.
Thin. Light salmiak and earthy. Hint of green apple and green banana, but not fruity. The sherry influence is negligible. Peat in particular.
Very short. Peat. Dry. Bitter.
- my favourite Klichoman so far, very good young (apx 8years old?)
a big mark and symol of Islayness
- it's my favourite Klichoman so far
Honey, peat, pears, cinnamon, fruits, vanilla. a bit young, but after few minutes it's so much better
Honey, fruits, peat, hint of cinnamon, bit of pepper and spicyness
long balanced peat , honey, spicess,
- Very good, easy-going Everyday-Whisky, which wins over good integrated smoke, malt and a citrus fuitiness!
- I like to repeat myself: everything I expect from a Kilchoman ...
Exactly what I expect from a Kilchoman: direct smoke (of industrial origin here), hard coal & tar, small peaty swabs. Underneath crushed soft fruits, fall fruit & an idea vanilla. The addition of water provides vanilla cream, moist succulent peat & tobacco smoke. Above all, fresh sea air blows.
Again, typical Islay. No, typical Kilchoman! Dirty vanilla and fat smoke dance on overripe fruit pieces and damp soil. A slight creaminess is probably due to the vanilla. And with water? Yo, Baby, yo ... now it rocks properly & is not for the gentle ones ...: brine, bitter cold smoke, a little bit of fresh oak, some soft fruit, brine & coke.
Here is the youth of this savage. industrial notes, wet ashtray, a splash of lemon juice, bitter tarry notes & cigarette smoke. Water make a puddle on the beach with a splash of lemon juice from the finish. Add malt with vanilla flavor and a few bitter sounds (wood?)