25 × in wishlist
607 × member ratings
1745 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig Select
90 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.25 points
- 20 20 21 20 summer dram)
- Laphroaig light, pretty much dispensable. There's a milder form of earthy peat smoke, some vanilla and spicy wood notes. Not a bad whisky, but I would pay a few (yes it's only a few) euro's more and get the 10 year old or quarter cask instead.
- Classic Laphroaig profile: phenolic, medicinal, maritime and sweet, but much too thin. As with the regular 10s, the 40% is much too watery, so I would rather avoid these two bottlings.
- Laphroaig Select, 40%. Consumed Nov 2018. For some reason I was massively interested to try this at the time. Well it has plenty of peat. Pretty simple and one-dimensional up front. Ultra-clean light estery backbone, touch woody, touch of pale biscuit. Mostly peat from the middle to the finish. Nice without being mind-blowing. Starts to seem watery over time - not dissimilar to peated blends. Nice enough but quite underpowered and one-dimensional. 3.4/81
maritime smoky, slightly sour
smoky, floral, thin
medium long after dark chocolate
- A very nice and gentle Laphroaig. Not quite my expectation but nevertheless a nice and enjoyable whisky. More a warm summer evening Laphroaig than a cold winter one
Soft medicinal peat with lemon and chocolate
Lemon and vanilla with a gentle medicinal peaty smoke
Medium long and warm and peppery at the end
- Even more pointless than the Four Oak. LP drinkers don't need an "entry" malt. Either you like LP or you don't. What a watered down young mess. Spend only a few more bucks and get the 10, if you mind.