- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch
- Bourbon & Sherry Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 15 May 2014 8:04 am by Miro
11 × in wishlist
217 × member ratings
520 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran Lochranza Reserve
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.85 points
- A young malt for sure, with some harsh alcohol edges. Yet very smooth and easy to drink with its dry, vanilla and slightly zesty flavour. Perfect dram for a Summer night.
- Very young whisky, simple, primitive even, but full, dense, the potential of the base is felt.
Closed, moist, the first nose is oak, vanilla; Fresh wood, wood dust, lemon peel, cardboard, mineral notes - grindstone, stone crumb; grain, boiled vegetables, vanilla, dried fruits.
Light, rich, corn, oak, malt, sweet, tender notes, bitter young bark.
Spicy, warming, orange peel, oak, grain, green grass, raisins, sweet confectionery.
- N- Citrus fruit, juicy starfruits pear and peaches. Distant ashes smokes.Saline sea sand.
P- Tree branches, pleasant weight. Floral and citrus infused liqueur. Lightly spirity. F- Short-medium, fragrant floral again, with touchy spicy notes popping
up all over palate. Quite an interesting basic whisky with good price
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- Good value for money! Tasted 22/01/2016 in an Arran line-up.
Lots of spices, very floral as well. Kind of honied vanilla, pina colada-ish. Hints of red berries.
Quite full-bodied, vanilla with spices, ginger, wood. It bites a bit; it's a little rough on the edges which is a pity.
Medium finish which turns woody and later on a tad sour (green apples).
- Not a bad sipper, but lacks in complexity and depth. The 10yo is so much better for not much more money.
Young spirit bite, needs a few minutes to calm down. Signature Arran candied fruits and floral notes. Coconut shavings. Pina colada mix. White wine tannins. Ripe pears. Creamy porridge. Orange zest.
Light fruits. Wild flowers. Candied pineapple. Syrup from canned fruit. Mild hints of bitter wood and spice (paprika).
Medium-long. Dry wine tannins and fruit. Bitter wood. Woodspice.