- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Warehouse #15
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- 53.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Dec 2008 6:14 pm
2 × in wishlist
16 × member ratings
20 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Nikka 1987
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.92 points
- Varnish, raisins, coconut, almond, pear and a whiff of smoke, very pleasant
- After a quite elegant smoky and sherry nose, the mouth was surprisingly a bit rough but still very tasty. An excellent Yoichi.
Tasting notes from August 2017.
Dried fruits, raisins, apricots, prunes, nuts and a bit of varnish. There's some smoke here too.
Punchy. Peaty and peppery attack. The fruits are discreet but there is some sugary sweet and spices from the oak.
Long, the same smoky, spicy, sweet mix.
- gold color, slightly peated nose, a little varnish, pepper, then in the bottom almonds, mirabelle. Mouth powerful enough, well integrated alcohol, a lot of pepper, peat, lemon, spices, apple, hazelnut, very nice scale but all lacks a little fruit. Long finish, peaty, a little sweet, spicy.
- It really pays to peruse your sample cabinet from time
to time, it seems. I had no idea I had this little gem in there!
Wonderful nose! Perfect mix of raisins and almonds on
the one hand, peat on the other. Walnuts and coal, I
kid you not. Fresh hay. Whipped cream. Truly complex.
Perfect mouthfeel, creamy and spicy at the same time.
More walnuts, now. Lots of pepper. Ginger and nutmeg, cloves, it just keeps
going. Wet wood. Baked apples. Peat, again, getting
louder all the time. Truly magnificent.
The finish is long with again that perfect mix between
the peppers and peat versus the dark fruit. At the very last moment, quite some