- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Dec 2008 9:53 pm
43 × in wishlist
236 × member ratings
941 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hakushu 12-year-old
29 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.76 points
- Melon and cucumber, a hint of smoke. Nose is quite pleasant.
- Character: Light and fruity. About the malt and oak recognizable as whisky, but overall plenty unspectacular. One dimensional and somehow weak.
Rating: For me a sentence with x. A filling to which my memory will go just as fast as the taste and the finish. I do not have to drink alcohol for that. A drinking pleasure may not occur at any time. Today, there are benevolently 80 points from me.
The nose is light-fruity and fresh. Green apples, lemons and grapefruit. Something grassy. There is a little vanilla, malt and a hint of smoke. Over time, some peaches flash through here and there. For a moment I have to think about sugar candy.
The mouthfeel is clear. The tastes are a bit reserved. Only after a certain holding time in the mouth shy apples, pears and a little peach noticeable. There is also a slightly watery malt or cereal taste. Hazelnuts join and for a moment a pinch of pepper rears up. Herb-spicy embedded leads the rather unspectacular oak to the finish.
The finish is comparatively short. Unspectacular and almost a bit bland the drop sounds. Aqueous oak, unspecified light fruits and hazelnuts characterize the finish.
- Not bad, but not an outstanding japanese single malt, especially if we look at the price ...
Floral. Cut grass, pear, green apple peel, salted minerals, herbals and lemonade.
Herbals, lemon peel, jasmine green tea, pear, salted caramel, tannic oak and smoke.
Medium length, bittersweet, oaky.
- It's definitely a peculiarity, but I really like the mix of lemony and vegetal freshness and the chalky smoke
unripe pear, cucumber (wtf), lime, grassy (lemongrass?), warm hay, softwood, mineral-calcareous (slightly salty, fertilizer soil), hints of smoke (minimal!)
extremely soft, floral (citrus, pear, green grape), herbal (sage, brewed mint), green tea, mild oak with spice
Smoke from the nose at the very end and wonderfully integrated
- Quiet and smooth mole, bitter-grassy, perfectly balanced, great flavor, not the highest league, but very high-quality work, there are some characteristic of the "Japanese" integrity and volume, elaborate in the details.
Open, dry mineral tones, spicy oak, processed wood, lemon, mint, oregano, bitter dry herbs, wormwood, tansy, in the background malt notes and light smoke and earth halftones; lollipops, lemonade.
Calm, sweet-oak with a light smoky-peaty smack, sweet mixed bitterness, dry spicy herbs, light wormwood bitterness.
Continuation of taste, soft, bitter-sweet with peat hues and light tablet flavor.
- Definitely not the most complex but interesting combination of notes that always appeals to me.
Flowery, pear, clear salt, some campfire, peach, very nice own nose, but at the same time typical Japanese
Fruity salty, peach, pear with kernels together, subtle smoke in the background, toffee, salt, gum
Medium long, smoky with oak and some fruit
- Good that others drink it. On Neudeutsch Krass nothing