- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 06 years old
- American Oak & Château d'Yquem Casks
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 May 2014 4:45 pm by Connaisseur
21 × in wishlist
45 × member ratings
155 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Octomore Meleager
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.35 points
- From today's perspective, you have to say that you can do it better. Compared with, for example, the 6.3, 4.2 or 2.2 are worlds between the malts, although these are difficult to compare due to the different Fassreifungen. The Meleager shows great approaches, but it is just at the end of the clear exhaustion. Since my taste was too much to water grabbed and robbed the Octomore of a strength.
It can not be denied that this is an octomore. Strong smoke, although already in the first nose shows a strong sweetness of the wine barrels. Bright fruits, sweetish smoke. Subtle Fruchtgumminoten mingle with restrained oak in the background. Despite the low drinking strength for a Octomore a quite strong and fresh nose.
Expected mild and oily on the tongue, the smoke at first rather discreetly. Sweet fruit notes as well as in the nose, some sweetish-spicy oak still sounds through. The smoke still barely noticeable. Very sweet on the tongue, but the flavor festival is out.
Departure rather short, unfortunately. First strong spicy and a lot of barrel influence, then unfolds the smoke in its full strength. For a Octomore very restrained, downright tamed.
- Atypical little smoke, and the PLV does not fit at all.
Sweet smoke, pear, a touch of white wine. The nose is cooled.
Soft and pleasing, later a bit rougher, but consistently sweet. Some oak and the spice from the barrel. One tingle to the end.
Medium long and nice and sweet.
- This Octomore is even worse than the Epione ...
No force, a little smoke and a lot of water feeling in the mouth
you mean another bottling, the Epione is at 50%
- Too weak for an Octomore. Here one would rather have bottled in cask strength, instead of watering down. PLV does not fit here at all. Better to grab the original.
- It seems that the stregth will be raised to 50%