- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- Voyage dans l'Amérique Méridionale
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 51.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- L077 4
- Added on
- 23 Apr 2014 4:49 pm by Bachess
25 × in wishlist
89 × member ratings
102 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Littlemill 1988 Arc
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.15 points
- This Whisky was sold for an average of 224 € at Whiskyauction in Jan. 2016
- Expressive and very pleasant nose, green hazelnut, almond, ripe peach, papaya note and a veil of smoke in the background. A rather watery texture, yellow fruits first, honey then very well integrated tannins enhance the whole and give scale. No bitterness at the end of the mouth. Final relatively short unfortunately with a touch of pepper. Well done, good bastard, good.
- Single sample.
Nicely tropical and citric. Apples and pears. Blackberry jam. Still quite fresh - grainy/barley. A little smoke and salt. Slightly herbaceous/grassy. Later a wee bit of cocoa.
Initially mostly juicy, sweet barley. Clean. Nice vanilla creaminess and tropical fruits come through later. Also some toasty oak. Full bodied and quite oily.
Medium long. Herbal. Creamy vanilla.
- A typical Littlemill, fresh, nice, well done, but not great either. I find the nose particularly pleasant. Attention, a dram of this Littlemill takes time to fully unveil.
A quite recognizable Littlemill with a nose that is fresh and fruity on freshly cut orchard flowers and sweet citrus (pink grapefruit). A touch of resin, grass and rhubarb.
I think it lacks a little punch. Beyond that, ginger, citrus bitter zest, and pepper. A little pear, too. After aeration, grassy hints appear.
Pepper and ginger in the throat, the zest of citrus remains long in the mouth. Alcohol is growing at this level.