26 × in wishlist
177 × member ratings
585 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet Guardians' Chapter
31 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.23 points
- a bit of pineapple on the nose, and a bit of pepper in the finish. This is a bit different 'Livet. I quite like it. Nothing stunning, just a good solid dram that makes me thing of sitting in the guardians library at Glenlivet.
- Lacks balance and the beauty of Glenlivet.
Allowing the Guardians to pick their own whisky was a great idea, interesting how they picked a very non Glenlivet like whisky.
Very thick and heavy, the density noses like a cask strength. A slap in the face with caramel and treacle, sticky and sweet. Some toasted nuts with a handful even burnt.
With time the sweet caramel note takes over and dominates the nose. Literally smells like a pot of caramel, has almost an artificial sweetness to it.
Sherry casks serving up dessert; caramel coated nuts, sticky toffee pudding and a helping of chocolate cake.
Glenlivet 18 in parts with a little more oomph
Toasted oak with a slight wisp of smoke and a coating of thick caramel.
- Glenlivet did a great job with this one! Not only by letting fans join to point out the most popular of the 3. They found a great combination of different casks which are responsible for the depth that is inhere.
Wow thats a big nose! A lot of sherry influences! I suspect some virgin oak as well? Honey, dried plumbs, Almond, ripe banana's, Meller candy. This is a well rounded and balanced nose!
Slightly sharp on arrival. after that a quite thick mouth filling entity. This one can handle a few drops of water. Caramel, almonds, again a hint ripe banana's and a tender spicy note
Again i suspect some virgin oak in the finish. quite surprisingly there is some vanilla and light fruits coming through. Some honey liquor note and bourbon wood. This finish stays there for quite a long time. very pleasant!! There is actually some cigar at the very end.
Ooooemph! that's an very very good nose. Very Glenlivet-y. There is some green apples in there, load of other fruits, like plums. There is indeed an hint of the sherry barrels they' ve been using. But there is also quite some wood influence. With water and some time it gives some wood shavings and more caramel. It is a splendid nose!
Sweet, caramel, fudge, then fruity it tastes quite mature given this is a NAS. With water it gets a bit weaker. But still quite some bourbon influences.
Smooth as silk.
Medium-long length. Very mature bourbon barrel influences, so quite some caramel, vanilla en wood. There are not many tannins in here. At the end of the finish there is some sherry cask influence.
Don't know, this was a given sample
Don' t know, this was a given sample
Well done Glenlivet!
- The nose is very promising. The finish has too much bitterness in it, however it improved a bit over time.
It´s a very drinkable dram but not worth the price.
- Nose: Sweet, Caramel, Butterscotch, Vanilla. Very warm and creamy. Red Fruits and some Spices & Nuts from the sherry. Some Wax & Honey. Later on some Mocca & Milk Chocolate.
Taste: Gentle, Sweet arrival. Then some light Oaky Peppers. Stays Sweet & Fruity
Finish: Gentle, some light Pepper. Sweet & some Bitter Oak. Medium lenght
Nose is the best part. Taste and finish are average at first, but do improve over time.