15 × in wishlist
489 × member ratings
1268 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore Black Rock
62 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.29 points
- This is not a worthy successor to the Enigma for me. Too young, slightly metallic and not very intense and not really complex except for the typical Bowmore smoke. I had hoped for more and would rather go back to the Bowmore 12 or on my remnants of the Enigma back.
- Free superficial smell, smoky (secretly characteristic of Bowmore).
Taste includes more flavors.
The finish has disappeared very quickly.
Citrus, pepper, smoke and peat. What's more, you smell something sweet, leather and chocolate.
Pepper, smoke, peat, leather, caramel, citrus, orange, cotton candy and green apple.
Pepper and citrus fruit.
Unfortunately the finish disappears very quickly.
- Typical Bowmore camp fire smoke which is there from the beginning, behind it some dark fruits, salt On the palate, citrus fruits emerge from the rather sourish variety. Little complex Departure relatively short despite the smoke, this is then also about longer.
- Tasting Notes:
- Pleasant whisky that promises in the smell of things that can not bring in taste and reverberation. Of course, I would not defeat her, bad drinking is not
Earthquake, gravel smell, medicine, peat and quite distinct greens. Matolin, lemon peel in combination with creamy caramel and nugget. Later, the gum and hints of the sherry.
Peat, fruit gum, medicine, woodyness, more acidic fruit tones. In a few moments he sinks into oranges and dried fruit. The taste is not bad, but it is so subtle and delicate (although some of that delicate spice will appear after a while)
Peat, rubber, some vanilla, burnt toast, again spicy spices that warm up and hold on for a long time
- Well, you can't expect too much for a whisky that costs roughly 25€ per liter, can you? A nice alternative to JW for mixers, not exactly a single malt to contemplate.
Quite some smoke covering faint fruity notes of berries, raisins and caramel. Very straightforward.
Thin, waterish and rather simple. Notes of indistinctive dried fruits, caramel and ash.
Short, on ash and caramel.