- Single Malt
- Kintra Whisky (KiW)
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Collection
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead +1st Fill Sherry Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 48.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 14-9007 077 10:14
- Added on
- 31 Mar 2014 9:15 am by Norbs
6 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
53 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Mortlach 1998 KiW
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.57 points
Thanks for the sample ;-)
- Okayish Mortlach. Not the best I've come across, a little nervous between revealing the bourbon or the sherry maturation instead of offering unity.
Caramel, blossoms, grass, a hint of tobacco and earth. Then it gets fruity, with tangerines and dried fruit.
The sherry becomes more dominant, with dry fruit (dates, but also big sweet raisins), oxidising grapes, and some slightly meaty notes.
Again grassier, fresher, but still with the sherry influence. This time it is more on plums and red fruit. Pepper and clove as well.
- missing the fruit in the finish, burnt cinder blocks remains for a while
oranges, some spices
dark fruit, some bitterness
medium, burnt wood
- A very nice whisky for the price.
The sherry influence is very clear, but the bourbon casks are apparent as well. Dark fruits as usual plus a dose of nuts and almonds. Some vanilla notes are there too.
Quite dry and not so fruity as the nose would suggest. Figs, dates and nuts, a bit of spices from the wood, vanilla, honey, citrus fruits.
Medium long, mouthwarming, a bit spicy and very fruity again.