one in wishlist
51 × member ratings
42 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 2001 WM
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.24 points
- verry good whisky if you are a fan of bowmore and you haven't tasted this one yet, shame on you!! 88/100
at first some verry heavy peat smoke notes but after a while it becomes softer more like a sweet smoked meat smoke verry clear and heavy cherry notes together with some tangerine notes even some pear in the background a verry sweet and fruity nose also some light roasted nuts and herbs in the background a very meat nose bbq, smoked ham
peat ,orange zest ,nuts ,chocolatte, some pepper ,citrus fruit and some herbs
verry long finish oily finish but its a verry good finish its taste like more some peat , chocolate , nuts , cherry and some gentlespice notes
- Un bon islay sherry,
noisette, caramel, un peu de souffre. Touche de cendres
Noisette, chocolat au lait, finement fumé et note marine.
Terre, fumé, chocolat, fruits secs, un peu de poivre
- Tasted blind. Caramel nose, citrus (grapefruit), burnt wood, chocolate and a touch of charcuterie e smoke. Caramelized attack, smoke, chocolate and sherry influences (roasted, dried fruits). Finale smoke of good length, toasted notes and prune to finish. Good whisky.
- Tasted with Whiskyclub Spakenburg - Mystery Whisky 2015
liquorice - salmiak, nuts, smoke, briny - salt, mint, some syrup and orange
spices - pepper, syrup, orange, citrus - lemon, smoke, leather, coffee, some fudge, later peat and again nuts
liquorice, grape fruits, earthy and some soft spices
- Very interesting nose: coffee, caramel, fudge, chocolate, licorice, boiled cauliflower and curry powder.
The taste is less interesting, but overall definitely a whisky to enjoy.
- Has a certain freshness, and you'ff find a taste of grapes, this is fruity and tasty Bowmore.
- Initially loved this one a lot but after some weeks it became more "soupier".
Lots of licorice and bouillon stock influences.
I have no other way to describe it.
Nevertheless an interesting and tasty dram.
- This whisky comes from 5 up-following casks. These cask numbers are 20118/19/20/21/22. This information comes from the label of the bottle.