- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 50 ml
- Added on
- 23 Mar 2014 10:01 am by MasonBones
2 × in wishlist
56 × member ratings
144 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 12-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.72 points
- How can you give the whisky 100p?
I mean, easy to drink ... yes,
relatively cheap, yes ...
But that's it.
Some pear, some oak.
And he is gone.
- Not bad but more mainstream than the previous edition of this Bunnahabhain 12yo which I prefer over this one because it was much more maritime.
Woody, nutty, salty, maritime, little toffee
Punchy, woody, rather dry, nutty again, pretty oily and mellow
Medium long and burning
odd dram. Interesting, but too much sulphur in the palate keeps me from really
enjoying this one. Therefore this mini bottle Bunnahabhain 12yo scores a mere 77.
NB: scored a full 2014 bottle much higher (84), since it was more sherried and less sulphurous.
Stewed fruit, caramel, seaweed. Earthy tones and a hint of sulphur..
Full bodied, with an initially unpleasant sulphury and soapy taste. Then fruits, butter and vinegar appear on the background.
lighter with a bit of smoke. Sulphur and soap again, unfortunately. Sherry and
fruit also notable.
Dried plum, fruitiness, slightly peated
Spicy, Pepper, dried sultana, Adding water helps bringing out the complexity.
Medium finish, slightly sweet, dried fruits again.
- Just a lovely Islay malt.
A traditional dram that's maybe a bit overlooked in the myriades of new releases from Islay.
- Has a special character that does not really appeal to me. I am annoyed by these false notes of sulfur and the burned rubber sole, for which there are clearly deduction points (-6). The medicine cabinet is different from the classic hospital / gauze aroma, rather smells like a large mix of different pills and other drugs.
slightly alcoholic, sanded rubber sole with light sulfur note, fino sherry, blossom honey, garden herbs, artificial raspberry flavor, medicine cupboard
slightly sweetish, fresh bright fruits, again the medicine cabinet, ornate oranges and peaches, some brackish water
medium length, mineral, again slightly sweetish, light sherry, gets a bit flowery, white cabbage