- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 50 ml
- Added on
- 23 Mar 2014 10:01 am by MasonBones
2 × in wishlist
69 × member ratings
169 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 12-year-old
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.69 points
- Takes time and can handle 20 gtt water to round off the flavor a little.
Full-bodied pleasure after the Juras or Glen Els tasted today, it beats them all.
Maritime power, paired with oak spice, vanilla, nut, sherry flavors, creamy sweetness and a tiny hint of smoke - simply a great 12yo and probably one of the best 12yo I've had in my glass so far.
Long, warm finish that beautifully conveys all the joys of nosing and tasting.
The nosing on the empty glass also conveys a lot, especially the smell of the sea - really great
- NO.23 in my 2020 advent calendar, mahogany henna tones of color, oil-like movement in the glass, small very slow tears,
fruity, sweet cherry, light smoke, sweet raisin, nice and warm, even soft for this% alcohol, metal, sweet wood
sweet, slightly creamy, fire but light, then comes the sweet alcohol with a fruity touch, dark notes, mouthwashes, tart raisin,
strong, sweet, slightly dry, long, and warm pleasant
- I’m a sucker for value bottles but this didn’t speak to me at all. Hard to judge based on an old mini bottle but I wouldn’t shell out for the full OB 12 given my experience.
Warm salted nuts, toffee, raisins, grapes, honey, oak.
Toffee, spicy oak, fig jam, tons of salinity.
Maltiness, woody notes, lingering saltiness.
Caramel, nutty, some sherry
Full, nutty, light vanilla, pepper, sea salt
Long, dark chocolate, spices, coffee
You should have tried it.
- How can you give the whisky 100p?
I mean, easy to drink ... yes,
relatively cheap, yes ...
But that's it.
Some pear, some oak.
And he is gone.
- Not bad but more mainstream than the previous edition of this Bunnahabhain 12yo which I prefer over this one because it was much more maritime.
Woody, nutty, salty, maritime, little toffee
Punchy, woody, rather dry, nutty again, pretty oily and mellow
Medium long and burning