- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Age of Discovery - Madeira
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 200 ml
- Added on
- 21 Mar 2014 5:54 pm by Sinbad50
one in wishlist
35 × member ratings
160 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 19-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.61 points
- A good Speyside malt in stylish packaging! Cool 3-series.
very nice aroma, sweetness, marzipan, fruity (pineapple, doves), vanilla;
harmoniously soft onset, ripe fruit, raisins, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, spice cake;
medium long, sweet (caramel), in the end cocoa;
- Typical Glenfiddich character. Balanced and for the 40% he is great. I had tested the Madeira because I wanted to get the set. The PVL is a bit too high for me though. Is close to the pain threshold for me. I decide that only after the complete rehearsal.
Here the nose gets to feel the age. Oranges, apricots and a touch of lime behind them. Now a sweet vanilla with caramel and honey.
Sweet dark fruits with spicy sweet oak anticipate. Bright chocolate on apple Helene in berry compote. Sweet and almost floral, it shows good balance.
Wonderfully viscid he stays medium in the mouth. Sweet but quite dry with orange peel. Behind it the sweet vanilla again. Really nice and soft. Nothing is pressing. He always goes.
- This one doesn't appear to have spent much of the 19 years actually in a madeira cask. Compared to an Arran Madeira finish, the typical notes are weak,
- Description of Whisky.de https://www.whisky.de/shop/Schottland/Sortimente/Glenfiddich-Age-of-Discovery-Collection-19-Jahre.html?force_sid=5526bd34a0df640c84fe323ec7475666 Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Madeira Aroma: Fresh with ripe fruit, sweet vanilla and heather honey. Taste: Soft and sweet with caramel, malt and fruits. Finish: medium and sweet. Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Bourbon Aroma: Warm with caramel and citrus notes. Light oak tones. Taste: complex and complex. Spicy sweetness, vanilla and some dry fruits. Finish: Wonderfully long and warm. Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Red Wine Aroma: Toasted marshmallows, red berries, vanilla, tannin fruit and a hint of spicy oak. Taste: Spicy, then velvety sweet with a strong oak note and sweet berries. Finish: Sweet and long with tannins.