2 × in wishlist
20 × member ratings
26 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Mortlach 1995 IM
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.11 points
- Nice Mortach for a reasonable price. BFYB!
- A very nice example of mortlach.
Does anyone know what kind of german wine was in the german oak casks before the whisky went in?
- Tasted during BYOB dinner from WCY .....
- Compared with Mortlach 1994 MoS #16004, Mortlach 1994 CA and Mortlach 1990 sc.
Lot's of wood influence, vanilla, syrup, fruity - pine apple, orange and malty. The nose is 'younger' dan it's actual age.
Tobacco. orange, citrus, pine resin, acid and vanilla.
Drying (start already at the end of the taste), spices, some syrup and rum - cane sugar.
- Excerpt from the Highland Herald. "The idea of storing Scottish whisky in German barrels came naturally back to the environment of the equally innovative and enthusiastic Michael Gradl , who is responsible for marketing the Chieftain's Choice series as an importer. Together with a Franconian winegrower, the idea originally arose of using barrels for storage in which a dry red Franconian wine had previously been stored. The whiskys also came in the meantime with great success as German Oak Selection exclusively available on the German market " http://www.highland-herold.de/news/61/