- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 08 Feb 2014 3:00 pm by RoyalScotsman
13 × in wishlist
383 × member ratings
981 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore Darkest
35 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.45 points
- blind tasting
thin to start
- A wonderful dram between smoke, sweetness and spices.
Pleasant camp fire smoke, sweet dark fruits, mint. After Eight and Mon Cherie. Oak spice, dark chocolate and sherry, honey and caramel .... great nose.
Pleasantly smoky-oily. Sweet again with honey, dark fruit and chocolate. Then smoke, oak, some ashes, dark chocolate, leather.
Long and smoky with some tobacco, chocolate and oak.
- First thought is that I like this much more than the 12 years. Balance is better, wood influence is in check, and finish is nicely rounded.
- This is the cardbox version instead of the somewhat earlier version that comes in a tube. Taste wise this one is less sherried and not so full of flavour. An obvious decline in quality compared to the "tube" version. Still an enjoyable dram.
- Nose: Smoky in the beginning, but the smoke fades quickly and gives way to sweet dark fruits and the general creamy aroma. Sherry, chocolate and light wood. Taste: First smoke and wood, then sweet and creamy. Some alcoholic sharpness. finish: Soft, medium, sweet and mild. Also here nice sherry.
TOP! Definitely get a place on the shelf from me.
- N- Raisin, berries and herbal notes. Mint chocolate behind the musky and pungent sherry wood notes.
P- Leathery with refine sherry influence, sweet and sour berries.
F- Medium-long. Creamy and smooth. Peppery and cinnamon smokes with gentle spiciness. Hints of cocoa.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.