- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Caledonia Selection
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Oloroso Cask
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 50 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 07 Feb 2014 10:52 am by Hubertus
0 × in wishlist
38 × member ratings
106 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Edradour 12-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.33 points
- Definitely more pleasant and balanced expression than 10 yo. Obvious sherry influence as well as noticeable smoke notes. Easy going undiluted but water releases some unpleasant notes. However, overall impression remains good, this whisky worth buying on my opinion
Floral, honey, pear, vanilla and dried fruits, candies, quite obvious light smoke (rubbery notes), sherry, water opens up malty and some sour and unpleasant notes
Spicy (clove), sweet, baked apple, fudge, malt, again rubbery notes
Rather long, warm, slightly sweet, nutty, dry
- Na frightening finding that the Mini has put a good 1/3 of its fill level later the angels available, was immediately ripped open and tasted. The nose is very soft and very sherrylastig and I would not have expected so. A lot of red fruits are wonderfully interwoven with the alcohol and I also recognize a trace of marzipan. In the mouth it is a bit thin of consistency. The sherry taste remains fortunately. He is also pleasingly sweet and fruity. The finish is short, which I do not feel annoying. Conclusion: A very successful 12-year-old standard that is able to bring the benefits of Edradour well to light. Honest good 86 points. J.
- I finished it, and found some good sides, but the perfume soapy profile is definatly not for me.
Sweet, mild sherry. Some fatty nut notes, but I'm not able to pick out what kind. A little floral perfume in the background.
Dishwashing liquid? Not as bad as it sounds, but quite unusual.
Burnt liqurice, dark chocolate, strong coffee.
Medium on spice and nuts.
- Significantly better than the 10-year-old. Good, but nothing special. (Bottle Code L14 / 1376)
Sherry combines with beautiful subtle smoke and strong vanilla, restrained spiciness of nutmeg, very round, light acidity, then oak and creamy caramel are added, also salty and buttery impressions can be found (I think I've found scrambled eggs), crystallized sugar dried Dates, cocoa powder, a fruity conglomeration of apple, honey and bitter orange
pleasantly strong oak and light smoke, the Oloroso is quite noticeable, a little vanilla and sweetness, espresso and industrial honey, light dark chocolate, tobacco, one can call overall balanced
rather medium long, a lot of oak and warm sherry, light dryness spreads, woody with cocoa, hardly any smoke, again acid, some vanilla and pepper
- Sweet, fruity and neat pepper while exhaling, after swallowing. Remains long and bittersweet in memory. Great whisky!