- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Collection
- European Oak & Ex-Bourbon Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 07 Feb 2014 10:39 am by wacher
15 × in wishlist
135 × member ratings
569 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich Vintage Cask
30 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.48 points
- Very well balanced. Nice soft peaty smell with long sweet taste. Good whisky for small money.
- Slightly peaty, full in the nostrils and light on the palate. Very good.
- Didn't find this to my style, unfortunately.
- If only this one would be bottled at a higher abv....I guess it would have been a real cracker! Now it lacks body on the palate, but fortunately nose and finish are very good.
This nose is actually quite nice! Clearly there is peat, but not in the ‘dirty’, earthy kind of way as Islay peat. Combined with the fresh, fruity character from Fiddich it is a very pleasant nose! Red apples, cinnamon and a wee hint of ripe banana.
This is, unfortunately, where the well known shortcoming of Glenfiddich reveals itself. Ok, it’s friendly and soft/silky and there is a dry wood touch. But why don’t they start botteling way more at (at least) 43% or more. It would give this dram much more body, depth and complexity which would really mean THE finishing touch to make it from good to great.
Luckily after a rather disapointing taste, the finish is very pleasant! Again the combination of peat with the fresh fruity character works great. There is a more campfire kind of smoke/peat in the finish which is faboulous. Together with a hint of marshmallows and some caramelized apples it gives actually quite a long and sweet-bittersweet finish.
- the peat on the nose is just incredible. on the palate there fruits, some salt, some fine influence from the oak, sweetness. the peat and sweetness do mingle very well. finish is all right. the light peat touch of it fading away was nice. I did not expect such a fine peated malt from Glenfiddich. Very nice dram!
- The nose promised a lot, the palate held little. 75th
Slightly smoky, sweeter. Alcohol is super involved, you notice nothing. Very pleasant and interesting in the interplay between sweetness and smoke.
Disappointing, the nose was hoping for more. Alcohol is about to be felt. Slightly sweet and subtly smoky.
Medium long, hardly any smoke.
- Interesting but pleasant peaty flavors from Glenfiddish.
Sweet peat, pear and green apple, vanilla, salt and straw.
Creamy. Sweet peat, grilled citruses, honey, salted caramel, smoke, tobacco, ginger and pepper.
Medium length with tobacco, smoke and fruits.