- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- without frame around "18"
- Added on
- 06 Feb 2014 7:02 pm by MasterMalt
10 × in wishlist
129 × member ratings
335 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 18-year-old
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.24 points
Light smoke, dustiness, red berries then basil, mint, leaf of the cut, plum
Sweet, leaf of the cut, plum, medical herbs
Avergae-lasting, cut, plum, medical herbs
- Nice stuff, balanced, but not an ace.
A pleasant peatsmoke, slightly medicinal, earthy, some sherry notes, later more fruit and bayleaves
First some sherry then the smokyness, briny and full flavors
Smoky like lapsang souchong tea, spicy and some bayleaves
- Not bad, but somehow too little for a Bowyo 18yo OA. The nose is very thin and takes a long time to develop. Some fruitiness and a slight smoky note, a little salt and a minimal peppery note in the taste are too little.
- A slight reddish glow shines from the glass. The aromas are sweet, show distinct sea flavors and salt. In the background allusions of caramel. Above all, an astonishingly restrained peat smoke. In the mouth are sweet fruits, salt, seaweed and peat smoke. An extremely spicy combination. The finish is initially rather inconspicuous then come back with power and bring the peat aroma back.
A very nice Islay whisky, which does not kill the connoisseur with peat smoke but leaves plenty of room for the other flavors. A very pleasant contemporary.
- The first nose is great. Second it's almost gone. But great body and finish. The salty taste stays nicely in your mouth.