- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- without frame around "18"
- Added on
- 06 Feb 2014 7:02 pm by MasterMalt
12 × in wishlist
152 × member ratings
380 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 18-year-old
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.15 points
- Aroma: peat smoke with sherry and ripe citrus fruits, maritime notes, chocolate and oak notes.
Taste: Peat puff with sherry and ripe citrus fruits, caramel, chocolate and oak aromas.
Finish: Long with sherry and ripe citrus fruits, peat smoke, maritime notes, vanilla and oak notes.
- 1/2 011118 Nice rusty color, warm, rich oak nose with soft turf aromas. There is also vanilla in the scent. The mouth is surprisingly sweet and soft, no peat bomb at all. Honey, a trace of resin, salt. A bit salty in the aftertaste. There is something scary in the aftertaste. I like it. But not 120 euros tasty.
2/2 231118 Smell of peat and wood. Cardboard in the taste, there. Soft and warm and comforting, not as nuanced as the last time but I have a cold. I taste tobacco, almost cigar.
At the third tasting I have very good hard luck. Nevertheless, the Bowmore remains intact. The spicy, soft taste, with some star anise, is refined - although, with an ABV of 43%, the edge of this 18YO could be a little softer. Great dram, way too expensive.
Light smoke, dustiness, red berries then basil, mint, leaf of the cut, plum
Sweet, leaf of the cut, plum, medical herbs
Avergae-lasting, cut, plum, medical herbs
- Nice stuff, balanced, but not an ace.
A pleasant peatsmoke, slightly medicinal, earthy, some sherry notes, later more fruit and bayleaves
First some sherry then the smokyness, briny and full flavors
Smoky like lapsang souchong tea, spicy and some bayleaves
- Not bad, but somehow too little for a Bowyo 18yo OA. The nose is very thin and takes a long time to develop. Some fruitiness and a slight smoky note, a little salt and a minimal peppery note in the taste are too little.