- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 31 Jan 2014 10:31 am
21 × in wishlist
61 × member ratings
99 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig 1998 vW
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.73 points
- This Laphroaig is more mature in its combination of sweet and smoke than the 2013 version (13 year old). It's very hard to choose between 87 and 88 points.
Concerning price/performance ratio: 7/10
Smoke, some ginger, red fruits, sherry, pepper, petroleum, some fish notes.
Smoke, BBQ smoked sauce, sweet spiced old oak.
Long. Smoked BBQ with old oak.
- A good laphroaig, but unfortunately quite far from the raw version of barrel.
very discreet, maybe a little sulfur. Light peat, sugar, medicinal notes.
A more powerful mouth, very medicinal, which is reminiscent of cough syrup. Texture quite fat, sweet, but a bit short in the mouth with a finish on the herbs, moss, hay. together little iodized.
ashes, peat, herbs, always this duo medicinal plants and sugar reminiscent of syrup for cough
- Love it!
- Hands down the best Laphroaig I've tasted so far. Very peaty but still that classic Laphroaigh character to it. Lovely sweet sherry notes with a long dry finish.
- Another Laphroaig that does not grace my eyes, sorry.
I find that in the nose it stinks, in the mouth it is bitter, and the finish is bitter and astringent.
- For tasting notes see post below!