- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Nikka Key Malt - Sherry & Sweet
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 55.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 23 Jan 2014 2:16 am by karuizawa_fans
5 × in wishlist
18 × member ratings
31 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Yoichi 12-year-old
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.81 points
- Tried this side by side with the Yoichi sherry finish 2018. This 12 yo is so much better. Fresher and more expressive with water. Not complex per se, but it is enjoyable.
- Just opened so perhaps it needs to breathe a bit, am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt
Edit: it's been 8 months since I opened my bottle, and it really has opened up, bumping my score from an 84 to an 86 ...
Lightly smoked strawberries, peanut brittle powder, light hint of salt
Light mouthfeel, sharp plum, burnt cashews
A bit of brine, smoked raspberries
- This is a distillery only bottling that have an age statement (the recent ones don't). These were available in 500ml and 180ml bottles, and all were at 55%. Code 20B08C from a 180ml bottle purchased by me at the distillery.