- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 41.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 17 Oct 2007 1:25 pm
9 × in wishlist
128 × member ratings
424 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 1851 Inspiration
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.40 points
- I'm a bit surprised at the other reviews (especially in the low range). I find this whisky to be very complex and profound.
- Tasted during the Macallan N & T 02-04-2016 at 'Mr. Macallan '
- A great Macallan, but have to say very commercial, it's the content that count wich is very, very nice.
Typical Macallan sherry notes with oranges, some dried fruit and some light peatsmoke.
Oloroso sherry, dried fruit like plums and raisins, woody and drying
Warm with some lovely woodspices, lingering and long
- Fruity nose and still a bit punchy on the palate with some leathery notes. In my opinion this is a better replica than for example the Macallan 1841. I mean better in terms of drinkable.
- Very weak bottling...long live the marketing!
Sherry, little spicy note, beerlike aroms, very hasty, weak
Sherry, wood, fast gone and then almost like water, wooden bitterness
wood, less sherry, a litle bit more powerful
- Disappointing. Nothing that I would want to buy.
Mellow and pleasant.
Toffee, tannins, honey, malt, apple, grass and heather.
Smooth and quite simple. Can not fulfill what the nose is promising. Oak and liquorice are dominating. Slightly bitter. Some malt and forest honey are present. Tastes like a young whisky.
Short and simple. Oaky, slightly bitter and metallic.