- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 13 Jan 2014 6:24 pm by erikwhisky
9 × in wishlist
91 × member ratings
253 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Bailie Nicol Jarvie 08-year-old
25 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.92 points
- Blind, I would have typed on a Glenlivet ... Supposedly this blend contains a good amount of Glen Moray and Glenmorangie For lovers of the very gentle.
Very soft and mild, almost as if breathed away. Slightly sweetish aroma, some barley. A meadow in the wind. Not quite so closed with water. Mashed malt, some barley, maybe a few pieces of milk chocolate with yoghurt filling (similar to the Ritter Sport yoghurt)
Velvety taste, a small, light oiliness. The opposite is a barley-breadth dullness. In addition, malt blends in harmoniously. Water makes the BNJ even softer and sweeter. Very gentle Grainton and a maximum breathed pepper note.
Sweet barley, a hint of pineapple foam, very little citrus. With water almost unchanged, in addition perhaps a small bitter touch.
- much criticized ... to be a simple blend, but we must accept its small side fruity, vanilla, malty with strong scents in the mouth
after, the final may be short, but this blend can be drunk alone, refreshing !!
- My notes from 15-2-2014
Pear, apple, vanilla and citrus
Grain, fruit and little peat
Medium, fruity and nuts
- This always was a favourite of mine and you could tell that it had alot of malt in it.
An easy drinking malt that was good value. I rarely see it these days.
- Ralfy's review here http://bit.ly/1NKfGyX