- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Komagatake
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- American White Oak
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- New Bottle
- Bottle code
- Distillery Manager
- Added on
- 12 Jan 2014 7:01 pm by very_bad_day
22 × member ratings
18 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Shinshu 1988
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.00 points
- Well, little going on, for the age of 25yr. You can drink it well, but compared to others in this price range, he does not get a medal from me. A good whisky to complain that the Scots have better whiskys, cheaper. This time it's true. On Neudeutsch: Collega, the booze you gutt is good for you make besoff good, because 46 brotsent, strengthens like you, good for kozzen then. Is full of crass man. You buy that, because I have to drink nothing myself. November 16 tastes even more disappointed and 82 points down
- A light an lofty white-oak expression, and another winner.
The nose can be summed up in terms of fresh sawdust and woodspice, but the palate emerges with a richness expressing pound cake (vanilla), banana, papaya, and cardamon.So far I like the white oak/bourbon aged expressions of this whisky, but I'm sure there are some sherried surprises in the future. I wonder what a Fino aged version of this would be like...
- Way too much fresh oak for my taste. It's almost like a bourbon but less sweet. The tannins in the finish are also very disturbing because of the tobacco taste it leaves behind. Some of the fruity notes are nice but this has nothing to do with the fruity notes in Caperdonig imho.
- Very nice nose and beautiful attack reminiscent of Caperdo 72, the dilution to 46% is lacking a bit of amleur and length, but it is still a very nice whisky. A distillery that we would like to cross more often! Thank you Very Bad day
very marked by varnish, wax, honey, dried apricot, cherry plum, very "Caperdo 1972"!
we find the markers of the nose, a lot of wax and varnish, a little more dried fruit, always this side cooked fruits (plums, apricot), but also a touch of coconut. Very sweet, it lacks a little punch unfortunately.
medium length, a little spice now (cinnamon, ginger?), coconut, slightly woody.
- A very well balanced whisky on wood and exotic fruits.
On wood and exotic fruits. Cigar box, caramel, exotic fruits (mango, banana), solvent.
Punchy (for 46%). There are notes of wood, caramel, exotic fruits and also vanilla. Sweet wish.
Average on the cook and the wood (nine), the fruits have a little disappeared. Last note on pepper.