- Single Grain
- Distillery Bottling
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 11 Jan 2014 4:55 pm by very_bad_day
6 × in wishlist
329 × member ratings
882 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.03 points
- Very nice grain. Unusual and really special. The most appropriate association that I have ever read was canned fruit salad. It takes a while to warm up with him, then you do not want to miss him anymore. If you really want to try something different, this is the place to go. Nice thing!
- Typical grain. Fresh nose. Sweet, oily but also Grain-spicy. The finish is quite long, characterized by spicy and malty flavors.
A sample is enough for me.
- An interesting, but at best average Grain Whiskey at a totally overpriced price!
fresh citrus, flowery, sweet, a lot of vanilla;
powerful fruity onset, (peach, pineapple), slightly alcoholic, sweet, vanilla, some spice; uncomplicated!
medium length finish; a lot of vanilla in the finish!
- Jim Murray has awarded 94.5 points to the Nikka Coffey Grain. "Whisky, from any part of the globe, does not come more soft or silky than this..." Pure matter of taste. This series will be discontinued by Nikka in 2019!
- Tasting notes also available in french on the whisky blog ;)
Relatively fruity (apples and pears), but especially caramelized with the classic notes of vanilla coming from bourbon. A small salty tip giving a character of salted butter caramel (it remains light, do not expect a lot of of salted caramel on a slice of bread). I would have liked more of this but it’s pleasant.
Also “bourbonesque” as we could say in french, more on vanilla than with the nose. If the term “coffey” has nothing to do with coffee (but comes from the name of the alembics used), however, it has a small gourmet and creamy side, like an irish coffee and it’s nice. Well, an irish coffee but using some rum… Yeah suddenly it’s not an Irish coffee at all but I understand myself (I’m maybe the only one to understand, ok). A very slight fruity touch, hard to define, maybe banana coming from its rum accents (yeah, sorry, that’s all a can say… NO I’m still not drunk).
Medium lenght with vanilla.
- Grain, cereals, vanilla, apple, honey. Yeast A very nice final.
- A littlyle bit of a sting on the nose, but also very fresh and fruity. Light and easy to drink. I think the finish might be dull to some, but it has a good length and a soft roll off. I'm almost out, but it's definitely one that will find its way back in my cabinet.
- Too young and boring
Muted, menthol, notable alcohol bite, caramel, vanilla
Bitterness, veggie taste, chocolate, siruppy
Burned sugar, short