- Blended Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Jan 2014 4:50 pm by very_bad_day
28 × in wishlist
325 × member ratings
1203 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Taketsuru Pure Malt
56 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.33 points
- My first full bottle of Japanese whisky and some slight differences from scotch profiles I’m more used to. Bought on sale for $55 cdn (equivalent of £31) and at that price it is well worth getting, but I can’t recommend it at more than that. Extremely oily. Some peat. Fruits, but burnt. Very rounded and smooth. At 43%, it punches surprisingly above its weight. This isn’t a blended malt that I would explore complexity and nuisances with, but an enjoyable drinker to be sure.
- quite good for a blend, but overall a little too oily in my opinion
- Japanese Whisky of the Year 2019 (Jim Murray)
- Decent floral nose, but sharp and simple body that leaves quick and has relatively no finish
Fruity, sweet, honey, malt,
Sharp, Apple, Hot, Vanilla, light spice
Quick, tart, apple strudel
Mineral oil, paraffin, plaster, little floral, some vanilla, hints of smoke... hmm no fruit?
Lovely and balance, some citrus, little pear, some peat in between, hints of smoke, some salt, lime stone, wax, mentol, and little plasticine. Quite excellent actually.
Medium long, mineral and citrus