Whiskybase uses tracking cookies in order to improve the website. Do you allow Whiskybase to place these cookies?

You can always change your decision under the privacy settings of your account.

Regardless of your choice Whiskybase places functional cookies to store settings and account information.

Overall rating 14 votes 84.00

Maltmaniac72 gave this whisky 83 points
Color
Pale gold
Nose

Rauchig (Rauchschinken), torfig, Jod, und Fruchtigkeit, Vanille und Karamell in schöner Balance. 42 Punkte.

Taste

Auch hier wie die Nase: süß und rauchig/torfig mit Vanille und Karamell im mittleren Teil, aber eher unterdurchschnittlich. Der Rauch überwiegt. 41 Punkte

Finish

Lang, süß und rauchig nachhallend.

Comments

Insgesamt i.O.

erogers
Expert Senior erogers Tasting note
27 Sep 2014 7:27 am
erogers gave this whisky 90 points
Color
Pale gold
Nose

Burnt embers, slight iodine, sweet butter cake.

Taste

Very creamy, with a soft, medicinal, peat smoke melange.  Some vanilla and butterscotch in the background, with smoky, wood notes beneath.

Finish

Medium length, burnt matches, oak wood, and a hint of something sweet, like vanilla frosting.

Comments

I really enjoyed this whisky.  It was a very smooth, intriguing blend, and I kept trying to figure out the principle malts in it.  I would guess it might be Ardbeg, because I didn’t detect the extra briny, seaweed flavors of Laphroaig.  I’m guessing it also had a fair share of Ardmore in it, along with Benromach, but that’s only my guess based on other malts I’ve had.  I kept trying to fight through the peat smoke to get to the sweet undercurrents, and the best I could detect was something like cream cheese frosting…the kind on pumpkin bars.  Very good stuff!

Nezzer
Expert Senior Nezzer Review note
25 Jan 2014 4:26 am
Nezzer gave this whisky 83 points

The nose has a simple sweet plus peat aspect to it with a hint of chocolate and I find more of the same when sipping. The peat isn’t too strong yet it does have a solid presence. The finish is interesting in that it lasts a decent amount of time yet doesn’t have a distinct characteristic besides the hint of chocolate plus peat I mentioned earlier.

I like this blend yet cannot put to words exactly why it is intriguing. Perhaps it’s good because there is nothing to pick out that as bad.

Weighted Rate