- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 9
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Pedro Ximenez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 49.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Jan 2014 1:31 pm by Chemist
22 × in wishlist
69 × member ratings
128 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1991
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.01 points
- Batch 9 contains the following 9 bottles:
1972 cask 702
1985 cask 1035
1989 cask 5470
1990 cask 1243
1991 cask 5405
1992 cask 195
1993 cask 5
1994 cask 3385
1995 cask 3302
- I find this whisky quite difficult in the beginning. More tamed after a while.
Nose: fruity, nutty, classic Glendronach. many fruits, peach, strawberry, cherry, apricot.
Taste: first slightly pungent, then fruity, nutty, cherry, strawberry, like marmalade
Finish: nutty with slightly bitter oak tones and medium intensity
Verdict: typical Glendronach, the distillery is very popular, high quality through good barrel management
- Producer`s tasting notes:
Colour: Deep crimson amber.Nose: Sweet dates and figs balanced with crisp orange bitters roll gently to soft toffee.
Palate: A perfect progression of sweet chocolate and toffee rounded with toasted oak spices. Dates and stewed pear appear then mellow to soft barley and vanilla.
- This one needs to breathe.... and it benefits allot from a bit of H2O