- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 9
- Stated Age
- 41 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 51.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 10 Jan 2014 10:36 pm by Whisky
58 × in wishlist
152 × member ratings
116 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1972
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 94.19 points
- Another excellent 72, great sherry and tropical notes maybe the wood is a bit more present and drying than other editions
- Incredible nosing. Rich and complex, with salt & caramel pop-corn; sweet and sour fruitiness reminds me of passion fruit; elegant and refined leather.
Quite juicy. Lots of fruits. Cherries galore. Coffee grounds. Leather and licorice. Milk chocolates. Some oak. And finally, mint. Not absolutely fruity bonkers like old Macallans or old Bowmores, but damn fruity enough and this has depth and complexity.
Great stuff, for sure. Doesn't reach the pantheon of sherried whiskies, but it's damn close. Minus 1 for being dry throughout. Minus another 1 point for not being super viscous (ie sticks to the palate). Ok, so 93 points.
Dry finish. Coffee grounds. Cherry cough syrup. This is dry and oaky, which means it doesn't reach legendary status in my book.
- Very flamboyant, energetic character. In addition to raisins and dried cranberries, it has rich sweet orange, high-quality old oak and Earl milk tea, which is very rich. Tasting: Like a symphony of waves and ranks, from plain to magnificent, it was slightly sweet at first, and soon burst into various dark fruits, including prunes, raisins, chocolate, sherry The taste, with a bit of lime and a bit of oak, is not excessive and perfectly balanced. Aftertaste: long, raisins, oranges and coffee
- A fantasic sherry Malt.
I think thats my favorite from all Glendronachs
- Maybe best Whisky out there!
- Whiskyauction.com 05-2018 €1864,00
- Whiskyauction.com 04-2017 €1260€1305
- Whiskyauction.com 01-2017 €1605 + €1605
- Batch 9: contains the following bottles:
1972 cask 702
1985 cask 1035
1989 cask 5470
1990 cask 1243
1991 cask 5405
1992 cask 195
1993 cask 5
1994 cask 3385
1995 cask 3302