- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- Virgin Oak Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 55.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Versailles Dranken Nijmegen
- Added on
- 10 Jan 2014 10:24 pm by WormTub
9 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
39 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2002
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.55 points
- A very unique bottling. The nose has pine and coconut, which is quite rare. It's very oaky, almost like a bourbon. But that shouldn't suprise anyone when using virgin oak.
- compared with Glendronach 2002 #2042
pine resin, saw dust, fruits, chocolate, butterscotch, honey, cactus, nettle, dates, some raisins and spices - pepper
very full with spices - pepper, vanilla, berries - gooseberries, fudge, some liquorice, later creamy and oak
medium drying with fudge, herbs, spices, carmel and nuts
- A very special cask to say the least.
A whole pine forest at the start. Am I in Yosemite?
It really needs to breathe for a while for other notes to show up: caramel, candied orange, cactus, green lime peel, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Pine needles, cinnamon, toffee, orange, cranberry, eucalyptus and green washing up liquid. After a while some whipped cream on top.
Toffee, pine needles, cinnamon, brown sugar and lime peel.
- Unusual : in a Virgin Oak this time.
Bananas, apricots, mango and a hints of plum.
At the end notes of eucalyptus.
Biscuits, vanilla,toffee, lots of fruit flavours followed by more fruit.
Dry slightly peppery, herbal and mouth filling
Very long finish