- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- American Oak Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 03 Jul 2007 7:00 pm
8 × in wishlist
205 × member ratings
279 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach Organic
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.59 points
- Somehow, this one didn't work for me. Too spicy.
- Great as appetizer but it is a bit too light
Fresh and young
Smooth, maybe too simple
Medium, fresh wood
- almond, malt and alcohol
then, we feel the glue, and the cream, a little pear (as for the hakuchu) and a certain freshness
a good entry-level whisky with a notion of fresh almond that remains !!
vanilla, floral freshness, slightly sweet spices, sweet caramel, cooked apples.
Vanilla, some peat smoke, earthy, fruity
Oily, creamy, honey, vanilla, marmalade, peppery
Medium long, spicy, vanilla
- It's five to seven years old (depending on which batch you get), but it's packed with flavour from those virgin casks.
Plenty of vanilla and fruit like green apple. Also hay, grass, cornflakes and some obvious oak from the virgin cask. Nice and fresh.
Very creamy and oily, more so than the other new Benromach expressions. I like. Malty with some mint notes. Also a bit of sweetness and nuts.
Medium finish, a bit dry with some honey and toffee.
- Blind tasting of a small sample. Organic is indeed a keyword which came to mind, which I normally only associate with Lowlanders.
Grass, oak, green apple, wine gums, vanilla, malt, melon, cereals and mint.
Sugar candy, malt, minty bourbon, spicy oak, raspberry, vanilla, galia melon, honey, hazelnuts. After a while more creamy caramel.
Malt, honey, hazelnuts and vanilla.
- My score is a mean of two scores:
Batch from 2006: 79 points
Batch from 2012: 84 points
- N: vanilla and fruity
T: spicy, some pepper, menthol and spicy (kruidkoek)
F: dry and medium spicy