- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Batch 3
- Number of bottles
- 53.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- L19 03 13 3 23:25 BB
- Added on
- 06 Dec 2013 12:02 pm
11 × in wishlist
96 × member ratings
197 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Arran 12-year-old
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.44 points
- Ralfy review 502: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ix36kbOQuk (84/100).
- Nose: a fresh smell of vanilla, nuts and a little bit of dark wood. A real joy for the nose.
Taste: a little spark at first. This is a whisky that feels thicker, but very nice.
Finish: a long finish with a fresh taste.
Real joy to have tast this one!
- Great value for a 12 year old cask strength.
fresh fruits like strawberry and pear, cinnamon, wif of salt, fizzy sweets.
honey, strawberry, bit salty, cinnamon, rosewater.
Spicy,salty with a bitter note.
- Arran 12 years "Cask Strength", original bottling, batch 3, bottled 2013, 53,9% alc. Region: Isle of Arran, Scotland
Special feature: Limited to 15,000 bottles.
Nose: vanilla and tropical fruits, a very clear apricot, with some banana and oak flavors. Then followed by malt and toasted toast.
Palate: vanilla and citrus fruits, bitter oak. Dark chocolate, dried fruits and nuts, malt and green banana, freshly roasted coffee.
Finish: Long and increasingly spicy, towards the end. Again, a clear impact of malt and vanilla.
Conclusion: Nice PLV, easy to enjoy. In my opinion he only tolerates water very little.
82/100 points (tasted 2015, approx. 40 €) Thanks to Daniel alias Peat Head for the sample.
kräftig, Alkohol. Wenn dieser verflogen ist leichte Vanille, Zitrus, Malz, Aprikosen, leichte Röstaromen
Zu Beginn viel Toffee, dann nussig, Eiche, Zitrus, Orangenschale, geröstete Mandeln, Aprikonsen, dunkle Schokolade
bittere Eiche und leichte Süße, die Bitterkeit bleibt relativ lange erhalten.
- blind tasting
nuts, sherry, mint, orange, syrup, oily and butter
full with nuts, citrus - lemon, some sulphur, some fudge, carton and spices
medium drying with citrus, vanilla and some sweets
- Double Gold Medal San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2013. For Batch #3 of The Arran Malt 12 Years Old Cask Strength our Master DistillerJames MacTaggart has selected a combination of 5 First-Fill Sherry Butts, 13 Second-Fill Sherry Hogsheads and 31 Bourbon barrels which have been bottled at Natural Cask Strength. The influence of the Sherry Casks has enhanced the classic Arran characteristics of sweet fruit and spicy oak and the Bourbon casks give the vanilla smoothness to create a rich and powerful new edition of The Arran Malt.
Tasting Notes by Arran
A sweet balance of dried tropical fruits and toasted oak.
Complex and refined, notes of dark chocolate and coffee beans dominate while a drop of water brings out fresh orange zest and roasted almonds.
A lingering finish with a spicy twist which tempts another sip…