- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Hand-filled at the distillery
- 2013 & 2014
- Sherry Butt
- 58.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 24 Nov 2013 4:05 pm
26 × in wishlist
99 × member ratings
169 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1993
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.63 points
- I drank this straight and loved it , didn't think it needed water . If it ain't broken , don't fix it .
- This was a sample , courtesy of Peatbogger . A delicious , high end sherry monster of high quality .
When I first nosed this , it was very much like a bourbon , in fact , if it was a blind test , I probably would have said it was . Maybe I drink too much bourbon . Anyway , the nose certainly packs a punch , Rosewood , red cherry jam , there is a little sulphur in the background but that's fine . plenty of sarsaparilla , stewed fruit and old red leather .
Full bodied , this certainly is a Sherry monster , straight and uncut , this goes down easy . It has the usual notes you get from a Sherry heavyweight , but they are well balanced and if that's what you like , then it certainly delivers on that end . A lot of people would find this too extreme , me, I love the extreme .
The finish is very long and dry but very satisfying , the is some Australian cherry liquorice on the death .
- Time to do a proper review
- not just a heavy sherry bomb but a real complex and very well ballanced whisky
Oloroso sherry, dark and heavy, coco powder, cooked dark plums, moist pipe tobacco, old oak, oiled leather, a hint of citrus fruit
a very gentle but sophisticated nose
dry tannins at first then a more oily feel, huge sherry attack, black cherries, prunes and dark raisins, a little sweetnes, plum jam
drying again towards the end, salt cured ham, espresso, dryness goes a little bitter in a long and warm finish
- A sherry classic as it is in the book, incredibly intense and complex. Everything harmonizes wonderfully together, slightly dry style, plus the beautiful oak - Ausnahmewhisky!
Rich sherry, dark dried fruits, plums, strawberries and burnt sugar. Nutty aromas and oranges are accompanied by a gentle hint of sulfur.
Dark chocolate, tobacco and a pleasant oak cargo can be clearly heard.
An incredibly complex nose, because you could spend hours with ..
Sherry en masse, cherries, raisins, cinnamon, caressed by the tannin cargo from the oak. Dark chocolate, coffee beans, cinnamon and a little caramel. It is syrupy and slightly dry!
With water: Remains largely stable in its aromas, brings more sweetness and the orange comes through again.
An incredibly long finish with a whole range of dark fruits, plus an interesting nutty component. Dark, warm and very slowly, it slides down the throat.
- Happy to see so many reviews on this spesific cask.
Filled one myself, and maybe a bit affected by that, but it's a seriosly good whisky.
Rich in sherry, well ballanced, very complex, long lingering finish.
One of my all time favourites, and I would rate it at 96.
- My review can be found here:
- The cask was finished on 24th september 2014.