The English Whisky 2009

Label
New Label
20 nov 2013 1:08 pm

Whisky reviews for The English Whisky 2009

One user has left 2 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 84.75 points.

1. karloff scored this whisky 85 points Specialist

This has been on my wish list for a while and as an Englishman I was really looking forward to tasting an English whisky, also I must admit a little nervous. I must say I wasn't disappointed I thought it was superb, I remember tasting a young Kilchoman 2010 winter release and been very impressed with that, and look how Kilchoman has gone on to be. This malt is up there with that and I think it to has a bright future ahead of it.
    • Taste

2. karloff scored this whisky 85 points Specialist

I highly recommend this malt to all the peat lovers out there you will not be disappointed. This was a birthday present off my wife.
      On the first nosing it took me instantly back to Laphroaig when I was nosing the Wort, fresh cooked Ham with spices and white chocolate.
    • Taste
      This is like having a bonfire in your mouth, superb. It's young and it tastes young but that ain't a bad thing, Stony, earthy and peppery with plenty of smoke and plenty of peat.
      A very long smoky finish that stays in the back of the throat.

KVK: 60207205