- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- The Fishes of Samoa
- Stated Age
- 07 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 52.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 15 Nov 2013 12:12 pm
5 × in wishlist
49 × member ratings
48 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glentauchers 2005 Arc
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.36 points
- A fine Sherry wrap in the exotic fruit basket. Spicy! I love such young-bubbly things, already equipped with a character!
- Lack of balance in my case. Too sweet for my personal taste. Still, the whisky is rather well done and surprising in terms of the integration of alcohol despite its young age. (sample whiskybase, thanks!)
first nose very fruity, on banana too mature, exotic fruits candied. A little disgusting from the start. A lot of yeast, too ... Brown sugar, cane sugar, maple syrup. One side not clean., Too much.
really fruity attack, candied candies. A small spicy passage in the middle of the mouth.
short, a little bitter. Many fruits, always. The development is quite linear. It's young. With time, I perceive a lot of pear.
young, fudge - caramel, spices, chocolate - praline, a bit sharp, orange, citrus - lemon, reminds me of the young Tamdhu van Wees - the Ultimate range of the last years
nuts, oily, spices - pepper, fruits - pear, citrus and wine gums
medium drying with pepper, orange and coffee
- With a few more years of maturation, this could have turned into a great whisky. Now it's just good.
Small sample from Whiskybase.
Orange, caramel, creamy vanilla, Turkish delight and almond.
Orange, caramel, vanilla, red berries, eucalyptus and a whiffs of smoke and spice. With water it gets creamier with a more prominent role for the caramel, turning into toffee even.
Toffee, orange, kiwi and almond with a little spice and smoke.
- The kind of sweet and chemical sherry that I do not appreciate, but very good integration of alcohol.
very expressive, on brown sugar and dried fruit, Christmas cake, orange, I immediately feel that this is not a style that will please me.
sugar, orange, dried fruits, exotic fruits (papayas? bananas?) but chemical (like small aperitif cubes), caramel, coconut, wood. Alcohol is perfectly integrated, it is quite sweet and very easy to drink with the sweet side.
medium length, sugar, a little spice now.
- My review can be found here:
- This is really bang for your buck!