- Single Malt
- Daily Dram (DD)
- Bottling serie
- The Nectar of the Daily Drams
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Refill Sherry Cask
- 50.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 25 Oct 2013 11:24 pm
6 × in wishlist
54 × member ratings
56 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes 1988 DD
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.47 points
- Mineral! Almonds, nutmeg, cream, charlotte, dried apricots, peach, cherry compote in the aftertaste.
- WB 45588
Sweet aroma of ledins and caramel. Behind it is the freshness of the spring and mint. The taste is refreshing, but at the same time sweet, fruity. The aftertaste goes to dried fruits and caramel.
All notes are edible, no polishes, varnish and acetone.
The barrel did not strangle Molt (refill, but what?) Thin, pleasant and strong nectar.
- I really liked the nose, but the palate is too much oak-driven.
- Deep golden color, nose moderately marked by sherry, with lots of fruit (candied orange, tangerine, apricot, plum), and in the bottom of caramel and honey. Very nice. The mouth is more marked by sherry, more caramel, a little too much, very sweet with a little brown sugar, always citrus slightly acidulous, easy to drink. Average length, a little spice
- That's what I call a whisky -easy very drinkable. Dangerous, if you open this bottle you may end it in an unreasonable time. Do not try the experiment alone, get help ...
- It must be a whisky created by John waters! All in excess, vulgar, it's almost shameful to love, everything is overtrop! Like a prostitute too much makeup, too fragrant, and too short dressed. But it catches the eye. Ditto for this whisky, it's excessive but it works.
No complexity, no subtlety, it just sends pleasure to the pure state to appreciate on the moment. It lets itself drink as for nothing, without realizing the bottle goes down quickly V. Hips!
89/100 (for the gross pleasure procured)
Hou it's attractive this thing! It's just a huge thing about honey, almonds, crème brûlée, caramel, some candied orange zest.
Here too, it's a bonbones explosion. Pastry, candied fruit, yellow fruit sauce. A very small hint of grapefruit contrasts with this front of the pastry shop.
Always sweet sweetness, and some spicy and peppery spices. And in addition it stays in the mouth for a long time; but we want to shorten to drink the next sip.