- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- The Fishes of Samoa
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Number of bottles
- 55.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 24 Oct 2013 4:20 pm
14 × in wishlist
134 × member ratings
108 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Deanston 1997 Arc
29 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.17 points
- Nice Ex Hogshead Deanston with lots of caramel! Very smooth despite of the 55%vol abv.
- He does not work for me without water, a maximum of 81 points. With a good shot of water it gets better, there are peppermint notes, which I have often found in Deanston, and creaminess and sweetness.
Cereals, bright fruits ... Pears, spicy, nutty, nutmeg, noticeable alcohol, with water the alcohol disappears, rich mint and some pepper are added
hot, pepper, light sweetness, woody, slightly nutty, weak pear, with water comes strong peppermint, it is creamy and sweet ... honey
short, a bit woody, with water comes peppermint tea, the finish is much longer and more pleasant
- wenn der Ausgabepreis um 50€ lag finde ich den sehr fair bepreist - ein Malt mit Ecken und Kanten und ohne Waser leicht sprittig aber auch sehr delikate Noten
Eucalyptus, mint, bright fresh sawdust of fresh wood, sour lemon, pear, juice orange - buttery-waxy-creamy wood notes of fresh wood
deutlich spürbarer Alkohol, bitzelt etwas, schöne kräuterig cremige Holznote, Möblpolitur, staubige alte Möbel, süß, Baumsaft, Walnussschalen, Wachs, Bittermandel
relativ kurz - vorallem die Bitterstoffe, Zitronendropse und die Wachsnote bleiben am Längsten am Gaumen
- Nice one to drink, not too complex but a very convenient taste. Not bad for the age and the price. Especially the viscosity amazed me.
Vanilla, wet wood (spicy), smooth alcohol with sweet sugar hints. Pleasant and intense fruits (grapes).
Highly viscous or oily. Sweet at first, followed by a strong bitterness turning the taste into a dry feeling. Vanilla and grapes again, a intense and strong taste overall.
Strong wood, more than the color indicated.
- Whisky which stays on the surface. Does what young and does not yet fulfill what is quite strange for a 15-year-old whisky.
It is not bad but not really impressive either. I had expected something more from it in one way or another.