- Single Malt
- C&S Dram Collection (C&S)
- Bottling serie
- Dram Collection
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- Number of bottles
- 55.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 Oct 2013 4:00 pm
3 × in wishlist
25 × member ratings
24 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 1996 C&S
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.43 points
- Acts despite his 17 years still youthful, even if on the tongue the oak is easy to find. Fresh.
Mild, smoky, slightly thinner, slightly pungent. Removes smoked bacon, green apples, gooseberries. For 17 years quite "aggressive" in the nose.
The smoke intensity is also limited on the tongue. Fresh bright fruits, vanilla, some oak. A herbal mix will become slightly tart over time.
Herb tart, a lot of wood, only a little fruity, smoky (more intense than in the nose).
- Balanced and quite complex - very good PLV at the issue price
Herbs, haystacks, eucalyptus, nicely interwoven medium smoke, some varnish, orange and lemon, soap
Salt and smoke, maritime, swimming pool, a trace of bitterness of grapefruit,
- with a few drops of water it becomes much sweeter, orange emerges, the mouth is filled with more volume
Medium long, smoky and dry with a lasting impression of menthol
- Small sample from Whiskybase.
Orange peel, (Littlemill-style) grapefruit, citrus, grass, herbs (rosemary / eucalyptus), pastry, malt and only only very light peat.
Quite sweet, like orange candy. Quite a bitter touch as well, like blood orange or grapefruit. Citrus, peat, a little pastry and a tad of salt.
More peat now. Citrus, grapefruit, orange candy, caramel, grass and grains.
- friendly, fresh and brighter Bowmore
Hair spray, vanilla, oranges, citrus
bright floral notes
intense & fresh
- Good and typical well balanced Bowmore for a fair price , nice briny,
- Faultless Bowmore. Peaty, with a nice combo of slightly fruity aromas and brine.
Just the way Bourbon cask matured Bowmore should be like at this age.