- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 2nd Release
- Calculated age
- 15 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 50 ml 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L13 298 R13/5282 IB
- Added on
- 16 Oct 2013 9:43 pm
8 × in wishlist
62 × member ratings
142 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balblair 1997
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.40 points
- Fruity and very pleasant to drink, but final too dry and woody
Fresh, very fruity, apple, pear, exotic fruit, vanilla, sea spray.
Fruit, vanilla, coconut, iodine and pepper
Woody, dry and spicy
- For me, a whisky with little meaning. Tendency easy and boring
- Was a blind purchase. At first I was extremely disappointed and already thought about what I do with it. Because I did not want to drink it. But then he benefited massively from the oxidation in the bottle. This was certainly not top-of-the-line whisky, but then it was pretty good to drink.
Such a profile for a typical summer whisky. Vanilla. Coconut milk. Flowerhoney. Yellow apple. Not quite ripe peach. Mirabelle. Citrus fruits come too. Orange peel. Candied lemons. Grapefruit. But also a spice from the oak.
In the mouth a mixture of sweet and spicy. Vanilla, toffee, marshmallows and ginger. Orange blossom. Rhubarb cake. Kiwi. Then again citrus fruits. Lime and lemon balm. Pepper. Now it's getting drier. Since the oak probably speaks up.
Relatively dry with citrus fruit. Tonic Water. The sharpness is still synonymous. And the oak shows up.
- The nose is delicate, light and deep with butterscotch, vanilla, caramel and honey, which builds up as time goes by. In the mouth, attack a little brutal, very spicy, alcohol moderately integrated with caramel. The addition (necessary) of water brings on the palate beautiful woody notes and a little clove in the finish.
- Nose:- Butterscotch and toffee and cocoa up front, toasted. Follow by fragrance of petals, aromatic.
Palate:- Solid and right kick of sweetness, sour fruits and vanilla.
Finish:- Sweet vanilla, throat clinching, medium length.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- A interesting, surprising and well aged whisky. I never expected that Jasmine tea note right at the end of the finish. The balance on the nose is slightly better than on the palate. But all in all a very pleasant whisky to sip on a warm summer evening in a blooming garden.
A light, fresh, delicate and well balanced whisky with aromas of citrus, fresh fruits, subtle sultanas, apple, pear, banana, oranges, grapes, berries (gooseberries and elderberries), floral tones, subtle oak, acacia honey, vanilla, fresh figs, mineral tones, a hint of aniseeds, candied ginger, yeast and a hint of spices.
A fresh, subtle and balanced whisky with aromas of Apple, bananas yellow plums, pepper, ginger, honey, candied lemon peels, pear drops, tannins, grass, olive oil, vanilla, ripe pears, oak sap, floral tones, mineral tones (flint), subtle licorice root, fresh bay leaf and soft oak.
A long and slightly drying finish with aromas of citrus (mainly lemon), candied citrus peels, ginger, honey, marzipan, tannins, jasmin tea and subtle oak.
- Nose: Lemon, vanilla, cream
Taste: Dry at start, orange, chocolate and vanilla
Finish: Quite long and warm
Good balanced whisky!