- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 13 Oct 2013 7:07 am
4 × in wishlist
29 × member ratings
41 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Imperial 1995 vW
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.70 points
- Tasted with, among other things, the '95 SV 18yo on 46%. It was striking that especially the smell of this Van Wees was more intense than that of SV.
Fruity, fresh, citrus, vanilla, floral. Later it also becomes more spicy.
Slightly peppery, sweet and fruity, orange. Some menthol, honey, and some vanilla.
Very light peppers, fruity, some peach, honey, vanilla. Medium aftertaste
- [November, 2014] I had this dram during a community tasting near Bonn.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 85. I took no detailed notes. We drank bottle no. 67 that I bought for 53 Euro in September, 2014.
- This Whisky was sold for 70 € in June 2016 at whiskyauction.
- Blind tasting.
Syrup, nuts, menthol and fruity. Saw dust, some wax and pastry.
Spices, earthy - mushrooms, spices and menthol. Very fruity, pastry, vanilla and nuts.
Fruity, nuts, sweet sherry, some smoke, wax and mint.
- Time and water are the key for this one. A lovely fruitbomb with a small bite.
Pure: fruity, some wood, friendly but locked after a while some fruit emerges again (pears)! (Reduced: pear drops (pineapple), peaches, perfuming and not aggressive)
Pure: soft and tickeling with fruity flavors (Reduced: Gentle, fruity, mild, medium round)
Pure: Warm, slightly sweet with some pepper (Reduced: lighter, creamy and peppery))