- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Christmas Single Malt
- Stated Age
- 32 years old
- Port Pipes
- 11065 + 11073
- Number of bottles
- 48.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 20 08 13 7 10 56 BB
- Added on
- 11 Oct 2013 5:37 pm
21 × in wishlist
92 × member ratings
117 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfarclas 1980
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.84 points
- the nose remains habitual in the course of the dram - I do not necessarily feel particularly tasty - but on the palate he can score more and more - I think he grows more and more in the course of a bottle to the heart - very woody and masculine
strong tobacco, grape seeds, moist cardboard, delicate acidity, dried orange peel, dry dusty rotten wood - fresh sawn, light plastic almost gum - dried leaves, juniper, tree of life, forest soil
intense raisins soaked with cherry juice, strawberry jam, orange juice and oak, the cardboard box from the nose, pepper and mint, the sweet acid fruits are increasingly fading, it is becoming spicier, more intense, oak and spices - cultivated Rüpeltum - no notes but very much oak, there is also chocolate and coffee - but again oak, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, laurel .. and oak
If you chew it, cherry jam, red fruit with tobacco, vllt. a hint of smoke, mushrooms on sheep dung
Can you really chew very long?
Milk chocolates with cocoa chips, tobacco, mushrooms, leather, very long and increasingly intense with each further sip
- shared bottle #020 to whisky.de
- The smell shows very well the age and the maturity, the long maturation left traces. I like such ripe whiskys a lot. The taste adapts seamlessly. The finish fits well too. I did not have such an intense taste of mushrooms in any whisky. This is unusual and fits very well. The whisky delivers what it promises, maturity and wood. For me, however, he is by no means superimposed. The only drawback could be that you do not recognize the port, but that does not bother us in any way.
Immediately shows oak, followed closely by dark forest honey, then comes wet earth, nutty, blackberries, wild strawberries, very spicy, dates
Very soft body, gentle, slightly tingling onset, then immediately again spicy oak, dry, but hardly bitterness, blackberries and some currants and cranberries, still sweet
Porcini mushrooms, oak, sweet on the palate, long, at the very end walnuts and dry sherry
- Compared with Glenfarclas 1980 11074 + 11075
and Birthday tasting 2015 with Aby and JJ.
Sherry, raisins, orange and butter. Fudge, floral and some liquorice.
This one hase some sulphur.
Fudge, orange and some pepper. Meaty - laurel and nuts.
Tea, peach, pepper and orange.
- Too oaky for me. Normally I like that but this time it was a little dissapointing.
- If you like the taste of rich oak, go for it! For my personal taste this whisky spend a couple of years too long in the cask. However still very enjoyable stuff!
Spicy, rich oak. Lots of dark fruits. Old leather with a hint of smoke (but really just a hint, you´ve gotta try hard to find it).
Oak, oak and again some oak. Surprisingly sweet and creamy though. But all in all the oak is a little too dominant and looking for a counterpart.
Sweet in the beginning, then becoming a little too bitter and dry. Malty and nutty. Ending with some Espresso feeling.