- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Family Casks (Release A13)
- Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 52.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 29 Sep 2013 10:08 pm
14 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
21 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfarclas 1973
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.86 points
- An excellent old Sherry Glenfarclas. The sherry influence is really powerful. He seems almost "concentrated". With a little water, it opens clearly and brings out great tobacco notes. A tip drop!
- Dramfest 2014, single dram note.
Tannic, warehouse/dunage, rum, tobacco, vulcanized rubber, berries, faint medicinal smoke. (93)
Tannic, dry, tobacco, cintronat/succade, dried out raisins. (92)
tannic bitterness setting in, old grand sherry casks. (91)
- producer`s tasting notes:
Antique unpolished gold.
Rich freshly ground coffee beans, from Nicaraga.
Amazing light on the palate compared to the nose, rich sweetness for sure but not the big explosion you expect.
Bitter at the back of your mouth, that then gives way to light creme brulee topping.
A good balanced dram that is full of surprises.
- Glenfarclas improved the packaging for all of the A13 releases, now they come with a nice wooden box instead the former golden carton.
- this is part of Release A13 (Autumn 2013, 11th release of the Family Casks)