- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Family Casks (Release A13)
- Stated Age
- 56 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 46.6 % Vol.
- 100 ml 700 ml
- Added on
- 29 Sep 2013 9:04 pm
24 × member ratings
6 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfarclas 1956
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.59 points
- A great malt - tasted at the Vienna Whisky Festival (Wiener Whisky Messe) at Glenfarclases Generations Tasting
- Tasting notes from George S. Grant (Brand Ambassador):
Rich dark maple.
Wow what a nose, rich powerful, heavy sherried. Rich fruit cake. Underlying sweetness.
Crisp smokiness, heavy sherry, rich dark cherries, all exploding in your mouth in one go.
Light oakiness but not as much as you would expect from a whisky of this age.
Bitter cocoa beans to finish this off.
A great cask from 1956.
- and here the pic of the new packaging:
- Glenfarclas changed the packaging for all vintages of the A13 release, they come with a nice wooden box instead the golden carton. Quite an improvement.
- belongs to Release A13 (Autumn 2013, 11th release of the Family Casks)