- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Double Matured in Oloroso Cask Wood
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 09 Oct 2013 9:37 pm
9 × in wishlist
94 × member ratings
240 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dalwhinnie 1997
21 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.24 points
- Nose 20.5, taste 21, finish 20, balance 20.5
- Initially very good, especially the perfume, then it fades a little and becomes more banal and saucer. Good whisky anyway.
Very fragrant, not very sweet, biscuit, yellow fruit, honey, a pinch of tobacco and tea leaves
Light body, sweet without excess, slightly spicy, balsamic and creamy
Quite long, not very sweet, slightly balsamic, honey, ginger biscuit
Sherry taste stays the longest. 1 minute.
- A nice, pleasant, simple highlander with a sufficiently diverse and deep scent for his years, though somewhat discouraging with his unexpected rotten perversions; taste / finish are pleasant, transparent and fresh, good saturation and density for a commercial fortress.
Open, moist, herbal with a light medicinal hue, valerian, motherwort; malt, lemonade tones, wet cardboard, mineral notes, dried fruits, light molds, salted fish?!, slight notes of rot - lying raw meat, fish douche;
Dusty-woody, light, with sourness, "transparent" peppery wave, a little dried fruit - dried apricots in the main, and dirty; oily, spicy, slightly astringent oak.
Herbaceous, again some medicinal mix-tablet motifs, dry grass, oily, unsweetened dried apricots, lemon in tea.
- Fruity and sweet in nose and taste. Short aftertaste with a very small / short pepper. Nice slobber, but no brilliant whisky.
- Good balance in price/quality.
Some smoke, honey, citrus and sherry.
Vanilla, berries, more vanilla and some spices.
relatively short, a tiny hint of peat and something refreshing.