- Distillery Bottling
- Cognac Casks then Brocéliande Oak Cask Finish
- 42.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 27 Sep 2013 1:14 pm
3 × in wishlist
24 × member ratings
78 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Eddu Silver - Brocéliande
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.64 points
- Tried this a couple years ago at a local festival at a World Whisky table, strange, but balanced.
- basically cool part that tastes different but of whiskey. However, he sometimes seems a little too harmless to me. too immature, which can of course be due to the grain, but also due to the age. Still exciting to have tried it.
OK, it smells different. Young, fruity, grainy, but different, a little sanistole juice, sea buckthorn, spices, licorice.
soft and sweet, but still a little trace of pepper and light alcohol. Spicy here too, the sweetness is there, but only hinted at. Looks too young in the mouth.
here comes sea buckthorn and sanistole juice, a few notes of licorice and pepper on light fruits. It gets a little young here too, but the finish is long.
- Notes taken from my blog:
Odd and different, thanks to its buckwheat origin. It was not that bad, but too sweet and too thin due to the low abv anyway.
Slight varnish, nutmeg, caramel, vanilla, some red and black berries and some barley sugar.
A bit thin, sweet & spicy arrival, pepper, some green apples, caramel, a bit of winey notes. Dark chocolate and black espresso, pepper and some wood.
A bit of wood and sour watermelon , chocolate, medium long…
- Honor to whom honor is due. And that deserves this velvety yet full-bodied drop of class. I have long left something critical about often not optimally successful watering our sympathetic neighbors and then this litter of buckwheat!
At first elegantly restrained and then rises from the not uncommon, but here excellent mix of vanilla and ripe fruits (apple, pear, grape) a touch of resinous pine cones.
rather sweet, but enriched with a whole herbarium: Elves dancing in the moonlight on a forest clearing.
Chocolate, lightest bitterness (juice of a lime), vanilla and discreetly peppered. Everything is just right with this NAS at a reasonable price. Be sure to get one of the few bottles left!
The coronation in the Whiskeybible 2015 by JM with 92.5 points, I took note only when I had long fallen in love with this drop.
- French buckwheat whiskey in cognac casks with Brocéliande finish? What?! Grotesque mix, but it's work :)
Mainly paints and lacquers. Waxy apple and cinnamon.
Sweet and spicy. Coconut, grapes, tannic wood and cinnamon.
Medium length, sweet, spicy
- the best eddu tasted so far
Woody, very fruity, spicy
a little solvent, a little coconut, nice
- This whisky is made out of 100% Buckwheat to be exact.