- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- The MacPhail's Collection
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 08 Nov 2008 9:28 pm
2 × in wishlist
15 × member ratings
30 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenglassaugh 1986 GM
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.38 points
- [January, 2011] Finally I emptied a bottle that I bought for 39,50 Euro in February, 2008.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 82,5. I took no notes.
- Nose: difficult, very difficult, no typical glass eye, grassy, dull sherry without sweetness, leather, sulfur, malty, vinegar
Taste: significantly better than the nose, rounder, sweeter, more sherry, without the dull note from the nose, light fruit notes, very good to drink, yummy
Finish: short to medium long, again light fruits with sweet sherry notes and some oak
actually a good whisky, but in which the nose fails completely
- A fruity offer of glenglassaugh one of the last old bottlings for the closure, the distillery is now open again.
Milk chocolate, coated apples and bananas.
Malty and peppery with a hint of grass.
The end is fruity and fresh with a little bit of herbs.
- Soft sherry in the nose, flower and honey. Smooth and gentle to drink, fresh flowers, grassy notes with wooden and leather ideas in the background. In the rather short finish comes the spicy oak with a caramell like sweetness.