Bowmore 1966 HB

Strength
09 Nov 2008 3:22 pm
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 1966 HB

6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.95 points

[January, 2003]  Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 205 Euro in December, 2002.

In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 95.  My notes state an adorable fruity profile with all the exotic fruits one can think of.

[December, 2005]  I had this dram during an "30+ years" special tasting at Bonn.

In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 95.  My notes state a "MEGA"-fruity profile (currants, gooseberries and and and...)

3. Delinquent scored this whisky 95 points Expert Senior

There is nothing like the Nose of a 66 Bowmore. Extremly fruity - tropical fruits all over, ripe Mangos and lots of Passion Fruit. A bit less fruits in the mouth, but still the frutiest whisky you can have. Due to the low ABV the finish isn't too long - with 46% he'd got 2-3Pts more.

4. XVII scored this whisky 94 points Expert Senior

The fruity perfection - especially the nose.

5. ded scored this whisky 96 points Expert Junior

One of the best!

6. Whisky_Fan scored this whisky 98 points Member Senior

This Bowmore 66 stuff is the best Whisky I have ever tasted. In my opinion this is perfect whisky!
      An exotic Fruitbomb explodes! Passion fruit, honey sweetness, malty, complex and intense. Powerful for 40% alc. The nose is absolutely fantastic
    • Taste
      Passion fruit and other exotic fruits again, honey sweetness, complex. Intense taste, oily body
      Long in my opinion, passion fruits and the other exotic fruits, honey sweetness, complex.