Bowmore 1966 HB

Strength
09 nov 2008 3:22 pm
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredCask Strength

Whisky reviews for Bowmore 1966 HB

6 users have left 7 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 93.96 points.

1. Whisky_Fan scored this whisky 98 points Member Senior

This Bowmore 66 stuff is the best Whisky I have ever tasted. In my opinion this is perfect whisky!
      An exotic Fruitbomb explodes! Passion fruit, honey sweetness, malty, complex and intense. Powerful for 40% alc. The nose is absolutely fantastic
    • Taste
      Passion fruit and other exotic fruits again, honey sweetness, complex. Intense taste, oily body
      Long in my opinion, passion fruits and the other exotic fruits, honey sweetness, complex.

2. Create a free Whiskybase account to read all 7 reviews for this whisky
    Create free account
  3. crazy_maltlover scored this whisky 95 points Expert Senior

Every few years I allow myself the luxury of trying this bottling.
    A bottling from the old days that also convinces with 40%!!!

4. Delinquent scored this whisky 95 points Expert Senior

There is nothing like the Nose of a 66 Bowmore. Extremly fruity - tropical fruits all over, ripe Mangos and lots of Passion Fruit. A bit less fruits in the mouth, but still the frutiest whisky you can have. Due to the low ABV the finish isn't too long - with 46% he'd got 2-3Pts more.

5. XVII scored this whisky 94 points Connoisseur

The fruity perfection - especially the nose.

6. ded scored this whisky 96 points Expert Senior

One of the best!

[January, 2003]  Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 205 Euro in December, 2002.

In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 95.  My notes state an adorable fruity profile with all the exotic fruits one can think of.

[December, 2005]  I had this dram during an "30+ years" special tasting at Bonn.

In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 95.  My notes state a "MEGA"-fruity profile (currants, gooseberries and and and...)

KVK: 60207205