88.17/100
Bottled for
Germany Exclusive
15 Sep 2013 12:55 pm

Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1995

11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.17 points

1. kimmosuo scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior

2. Tom na Gruagaich scored this whisky 85 points Connoisseur

Nose: Beautiful spicy sherry notes, dried fruit, slightly flavored fruits. Mouth: strong, warming, sherry, fruit, slightly sulphurous. Departure: wood, slightly acidic, a lot of sherry fruit, then wood and a great tobacco note.

3. Maczet scored this whisky 89 points Expert Senior

4. KayMeertens scored this whisky 89 points Connoisseur

Blind tasting of a sample. I was convinced I spotted quite some peat.
      Cherry, plum, apricot, caramel, apple syrup and a whiff of peat. Eventually a little vanilla cookie. With water more apricot.
    • Taste
      Plum, cherry, peat ash, tobacco, caramel, apricot, chocolate and leather.
      Cocoa, smoke, plum, toffee, tobacco and apricot.

5. Prof.Schoof did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

This Whisky was sold for 128 € at Whiskyauction in Sept. 2015

6. Erik Elixir scored this whisky 86 points Connoisseur

Compared with Glendronach 8 JW and Glendronach 1995 #2380
      Grains, caramel, orange and iron. Forest fruits, raisins, plums, nuts and praline chocolate. Coffee,
    • Taste
      Forest fruits, raisins, cola and spices - pepper and nutmeg. Some sulphur, coffee and fudge - hopjesvla.
      Medium drying with spices, vanilla - custard and some orange.

7. Gloin scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

This is an archetype of sherry whisky, the harsh variety, not the sweet one. The oak makes me close to a higher age, 18 years or more, and I suspect an alcoholic strength of 50+. That was certainly a pure Sherryfassreifung and indeed from European barrels, maybe even firstfill. The distillery is difficult, I do not want to commit myself, the last failures have unsettled me, but rather Glendronach than Glenfarclas. Yes, actually I'm sure: Glendronach. Maybe I had it already in the glass, he seems familiar, only the high alcohol content makes me startled. Maybe it's a single cask bottling. In any case, this is exactly my thing, the big sherry bombs are for me just the culmination of whisky enjoyment and this is clearly one of them blind tasting
      Immediately an intense sherry aroma rises in my nose. A whole army of red fruits is approaching: raisins, cherries, currants and whatnot. At first impression, the alcohol stings something until my nose has got used to it. I suspect a higher alcohol content. Nevertheless, I will try first undiluted. I can also find oak. The smell is familiar to me. My first thought is towards Glenfarclas.
    • Taste
      Again, the oak dominates. The finish is long, but not eternal, but at the very end, fruit will come through again: orange in dark chocolate.

8. Rom did not rate this whisky Expert Junior

Classic Sherry nose. Mouth alive and warm, powerfully Sherry. Long final. Very good.

9. Ciro scored this whisky 86 points Connoisseur