- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Straight From The Cask - Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cask Finish
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 58.7 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 29 Aug 2013 11:03 pm
7 × in wishlist
29 × member ratings
45 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Edradour 2002
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.22 points
- One of the best wine finishes I've tasted so far. The Chateauneuf wine works well with the Edradour style.
- The cask type is clearly to taste. With water I found the red wine note quite pleasant over the classic basic taste of Edradour.
Hopefully the taste will not fade after a few months, as was the case with the Marsala Cask from Edradour.
- great as the whole series and a decent board auffe face (almost) without bitter oak notes, which are usually forcibly present in older whiskys with such "Christmas flavors"
old leather chair, rum pot with dried fruit, speculaas, cloves, star anise ... Christmas Eve by the fireplace? (crying for water)
bold, full-bodied, intense, again the sweet-spicy Christmas plate, gingerbread, spiced biscuit, dried fruit, slight clove / ginger sharpness, chocolate sweetness
sweet, long, spicy, a little brandy-like
- The slightly adjusted notes are from a blind tasting!
He's definitely on my list.
great sherry, milk chocolate, some leather and iodine, very rich, no smoke, one notices the high alcohol content in the nose, also spicy notes, but not spicy more towards nutmeg, a little bit liqueur
very full-bodied, has similarities to a PX sherry, spicy, very sweet and creamy
fruity and sweet, lingers for a long time, here comes the spice from the oak again into play