- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Lighthouse series
- Bourbon Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- L13 105 R13/5074
- Added on
- 21 Aug 2013 9:38 am
108 × member ratings
300 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Old Pulteney Noss Head
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.64 points
- On the nose, vanilla, salt, lemon and vanilla, then back woody!
In the mouth, iodine with vanilla, then broken wood and yellow-white fruits, a little exotic!
In the end, average on fruits, wood, mild but pronounced spices, and quite long on iodine, salt !!
A characteristic dram of the distillery!
simple, almost too flat with salt at first, then a little bit of ciron and vanilla, malt back with damp wood and iodine.
Sweet barley, vanilla, apples, coconut
Young, sweet, vanilla, porridge
Medium long, grassy, oaky
- Very alcoholic note; but not much to discover - 23.12.2014
Solvent, a little vanilla, maybe a little coconut, pear, lemon
Flowery, spicy, peppery
- It's such a cool, basic single malt. I tasted twice blindly, and thirdly, aware of what I was drowning. In the notes I have a tip like BenRiach 12 yo. Nethar then launched our joint tasting on Balblair 2000, and there was a similar look there. Impressions during the tasting were still the same from this whisky. For megavzorek with a volume of 1 deci thank you very much to Peter.
Lighter style. Malt vanilla, fruity (probably apples), and occasionally some kind of woody dullness. (82 b)
The more eloquent (strength 46), vanilla, with chocolate and slightly spicy. Then wood and a little bit of bitterness. (82 b)
- a straightforward ex-Bourbon barrel whisky without frills easy drinking without the special draft he offers what one expects
yes, the sea is near
a little vanilla and coconut
light and fresh
a dry sweetie
some barrel (coconut and cocoa)
peppery fruit and distant sea
rather short, peppery-fruity
- beautiful, tasty typical Bourbon barrel whisky for a good price
salty-lemony freshness (could also be a very light alcoholic stinging in the nose, but distillery and lighthouse gimmick associate salt ;-)), coconut, vanilla
the sweetness outweighs, again coconut, vanilla, a little caramel, tasty, simple, some pepper
slightly sweet peppery, not too long.